On May 25, Premier Horgan announced the BC Safe Restart Plan. The following day, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry issued a Variance to her Gatherings and Events Order to permit indoor worship services to resume. The Mountainview Session has voted to open for public indoor worship commencing on Sunday June 13.
Worship services will begin promptly at 10:00 am and will continue to be simultaneously live-streamed on Facebook and YouTube. If you have any health concerns, or simply do not feel comfortable engaging in communal worship, we invite you to remain home and continue to worship virtually with us on social media.
The following Covid-19 safety precautions will apply to in-person indoor worship:
- Maximum of 52 persons in the worship space (50 plus 2 greeting Elders)
- Persons wishing to attend must carry out and pass, in advance, a Covid health check (see www.worksafebc.com)
- Persons attending must register by providing their names, telephone numbers and email addresses to the greeting Elder upon entry to the church. This information is for controlling attendance and contact tracing
- Hand sanitizer will be available and its use is encouraged
- Maintain a distance of 2 metres from others, unless they live in the same residence
- All participants 12 years of age and older must wear a face covering while in the church
- Participants in the congregation may not sing
- There can be no indoor gathering or social engagement with others before and during the worship service. We will not be able to have “greeting time” or “passing of the peace.” We do plan to offer a coffee fellowship time following the service outside on the church lawn. Feel free to bring your own coffee cups.
- Offering plates will be available upon entry and exit, but will not be passed around during the worship service
- Communion will be celebrated on June 13. The elements will be available for you to pick up when entering the Sanctuary
Session realizes that these requirements restrict some of our normal worship practices. However, they are designed for our personal health and safety and are the law we are accountable for.
There will be a program for children during the worship service, which will be offered out of doors, weather permitting. Children should enter the church through the entrance door facing Glenmore Road.
The Sunday morning outdoor worship services will be held on May 30 and June 6. Thanks to Session member Jennilee Grieg for organizing the outdoor services, which have enabled attendees to connect for worship as a community until indoor worship could resume.
Wednesday bible study with Pastor Emery will be held in the Sanctuary at 1:15 pm on Wednesdays in June, commencing June 16. Please register with Pastor Emery at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend, as attendance is restricted to ten persons for at least the first week. These sessions will also be live-streamed.
The church Annual General Meeting will be held following the worship service on Sunday June 27. The meeting will be held in the Sanctuary. Following the meeting, we will all gather outside for a welcome back barbeque lunch.
God has shown His presence throughout the pandemic, and we are so grateful for the opportunity to gather together, once again, for worship and for fellowship.
On behalf of the Session of Mountainview Church
Michael Pohanka, Clerk of Session